Saturday, December 31, 2011

155. Coming Clean


Lance first called my new lawyer and then connected by conference call to the District Attorney.  He put them all on the speaker phone after Bill Reed cautioned me to give only short answers, yes or no if possible.

The call didn’t last long, just enough for Maguire the D.A. to confirm what he was hearing and to set up a meeting in his office for two days hence where he would take a deposition each from me and Lance.  I stated only what I knew to be fact.  I skirted around what St. Anne might have known or not before the fire.  I did not feel it was my place to say I had heard he wanted to cheat the insurance company.  The head of the Ardent Brothers never said that to me.  If he had truly stated that intention to my neighbor,  Lance did not offer that information during the telephone call for his own reasons.  What he said during his deposition later that week I do not know.


No comments: