Monday, December 19, 2011

133. Deed I Do

Sally called to tell me Agnes never sent her the deed. She wanted a copy before active marketing began. She was disappointed when I told her to stand down.  We are staying.

While I spoke with Sally I searched through the desk for the deed. I hoped we wouldn’t need it for a future sale, but it would be a good idea to find the document and put it in a safe place. It lay at the back of the middle drawer. I found it when I went back a second time to more thoroughly search among the papers and junk.

“I just found the deed,” I said, “and …. that’s odd. This deed is stamped “copy” and it says the property is deeded from … John Henry O’Brien to … let me see … Lance C. Kensington … Lance?”

“Who’s he?” said Sally.

“Lance is our neighbor,” I said. “We’re driving his van.”

“I guess you’re also living in his house,” said Sally.





No comments: